Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The US Military knows what a machine gun is.

Read more: US Military Courts Rules Bump Stocks Are Not Machine Guns
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Marine Corp Private Ali Akazahg was convicted of possessing two machine guns, in violation of Articles 83, 107, and 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice [UCMJ]. These “machine guns” that Private Akazahg processed were bump stocks. The Private’s defense counsel argued that bump stocks did not meet the federal definition of machine guns. The ruling is found here and embedded below. US Military Courts Rules Bump Stocks Are Not Machine Guns.

A three-judge panel agreed with the defense, unanimously ruled that bump stocks do not meet the definition of a machine gun.
The judges laid out a case that anti-gun activists put political pressure on Congress after a mass murder in Las Vegas that saw 60 people die. A bill was set forth in Congress called “Closing the Bump Stock Loophole.” The bill would have treated bump stocks as machine guns. The bill failed to pass either chamber of Congress.

The judges point out that after the bill failed in Congress that political pressure was put on then President Trump to act against bump stocks. The President said he was “looking into” banning bump stocks. Ultimately President Trump would order the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives [ATF] to ban bump stocks. The judges on the panel do not believe that the President had the authority to make de facto law.
The judges wrote: “Instead, the President directed the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives [ATF] to issue a new interpretation of a rule—that contradicted the ATF’s previous interpretation—governing legislation from the 1930s. This Executive-Branch change in statutory interpretation aimed to outlaw bump stocks prospectively, without a change in existing statutes.”
The judges carefully go over the history of the bump stocks in their decision. They highlighted that the ATF never considered bump stocks to be machine guns until President Trump ordered the Bureau to reclassify bump stocks as machine guns. The panel points to the original letter issued to William Akins in 2002 for his “Akins Accelerator.” The level of detail shows the judges heavily researched the topic before issuing their decision. The original Akins Accelerator used a spring.
In 2006 the ATF reversed course and ruled the Akins Accelerator was a machine gun. Mr. Akins filed for a summary judgment in district court and lost. The judges in the case stated that a “single function of the trigger” means a “single pull of the trigger.” Since the Akins Accelerator used a spring, it was a machine gun. If the Accelerator didn’t have a spring, it would not have been considered a machine gun.
Modern bump stocks use recoil and do not contain a spring, and use recoil. Every shot requires a trigger pull. Since each shot was a single pull of the trigger, the judges ruled that bump stocks could not be considered machine guns.
The judges also point out the classification of bump stocks as machine guns relied on Chevron deference. The panel points out that the courts have not settled if the ATF can use Chevron deference to make bump stocks machine guns. They point to the GOA case in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and highlighted other instances in which the courts say that the government cannot use Chevron deference for a criminal statute.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not a big fan of bump stocks per se, but that is good news. Ruling on issues like that, that are politically motivated is just wrong at any rate.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a big fan of bump stocks per se, but that is good news. Ruling on issues like that, that are politically motivated is just wrong at any rate.
I think they are a waste of money.
They make the gun an inaccurate bullet hose.

But this is how they could justify calling all semi autos machine guns, pistol braces as SBRs, etc.

Using this logic they could call having belt loops and a 1911 constructive intent to build an illegal machine gun.

·
Banned
35 Posts
I think they are a waste of money.
They make the gun an inaccurate bullet hose.

But this is how they could justify calling all semi autos machine guns, pistol braces as SBRs, etc.

Using this logic they could call having belt loops and a 1911 constructive intent to build an illegal machine gun.
GOD SAVE THE U.S.A.

Today all the things are gone, I’d worked for all my life

And I’m not allowed a living wage, so I can support children or a wife

Thank your lucky stars, you’re not livin’ in a Red State

‘Cause Tennessee’s flag stands for Fascism, and they can take everything away

But I’m proud to be an American, where at least the White House is Trump free

And I won’t forget the unnecessary COVID deaths, Republicans gave to me

And I’d gladly kneel down

Next to Colin Kaepernick, to protest Republican insanity

‘Cause there ain’t no doubt, Republicans are destroying this land

God save the USA

From the Militia Groups of Minnesota, to the Corrupt Governments of Tennessee

Across the Criminal Law Enforcement of Texas, from sea to shining sea

From Detroit down to Houston, and New York to L.A.

Well, there’s Fascism in every Republican heart, and it’s time we kneel and pray

That I’m proud to be an American, where at least the White House is Trump free

During the National Anthem, to protest Republican insanity

God save the USA

And I’m proud to be an American, where at least the White House is Trump free

During the National Anthem, to protest Republican insanity

God save the USA​

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Fuck off.

Reactions: TroyAK

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol.
He's a criminal IP theif commie that's butt hurt because Barrett and the courts spanked his ass for trying to steal the rights to a patented design.
Now he's reduced to trolling gun forums like a teenager.

·
Administrator
38,881 Posts
He has made zero constructive contributions to the forum, he has just been given his first and last warning.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
917 Posts
ACIinventor, in which branch of the U. S. military service have you honorably served? When have you served in the U. S. military service? In which combat zone have you honorably served, if you have honorably served in the U. S. military?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Don't feed the troll.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Banned
35 Posts
ACIinventor, in which branch of the U. S. military service have you honorably served? When have you served in the U. S. military service? In which combat zone have you honorably served, if you have honorably served in the U. S. military?
U.S. Army honorably discharge in 2008. 18 years of service, both reserve and active. Operation Desert Shield/Storm, King Khalid Military City (Log Base Bravo) Saudi Arabia. Any other questions leg?

·
Banned
35 Posts
Lol.
He's a criminal IP theif commie that's butt hurt because Barrett and the courts spanked his ass for trying to steal the rights to a patented design.
Now he's reduced to trolling gun forums like a teenager.
Nice conspiracy theory bad ninja. Watch the news. Justice is coming to Rutherford County, TN.

·
Banned
35 Posts
He has made zero constructive contributions to the forum, he has just been given his first and last warning.
'Miyamoto Musashi Wisdom' demonstrates the importance of training and it's relevance to Kimber owners who may have to defend themselves. You may consider this non-constructive if you wish. My advice to you is to not let politics cloud your judgement. bad ninja wanted to play a game, I simply responded in kind. None of you have to like it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
ACI, please explain to us why you're actually here, is it just to create discontent and ill will? Piss people off? You are a dud, why not just leave, as I'm not aware of a single member here who "likes" you. Have you even mentioned the brand "Kimber" since joining?

Oh, and I have patents too, big deal. No one here cares about mine, and especially not yours.

·
Banned
35 Posts
ACI, please explain to us why you're actually here, is it just to create discontent and ill will? Piss people off? You are a dud, why not just leave, as I'm not aware of a single member here who "likes" you. Have you even mentioned the brand "Kimber" since joining?

Oh, and I have patents too, big deal. No one here cares about mine, and especially not yours.
I'm a firearms inventor and enthusiast. I do some market research on these forums. The patent thieves I'm fighting have friends (trolls) who follow me around, hoping I'll disclose some proprietary information. I'm considering purchasing a Kimber DASA when this legal case is settled. Kimber is a competent firearms manufacturer, why wouldn't a firearms inventor not want to know what people think of their products?
Picatinny Arsenal cares about my patent, check out the Army's new heavy M4 barrel. I invented it. Those spiral flutes (design patent) works with the novel manufacturing process (utility patent) to create the endurance benefit. This is another part of the intellectual property theft investigation. The boys up in New Jersey are nervous.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm a firearms inventor and enthusiast. I do some market research on these forums. The patent thieves I'm fighting have friends (trolls) who follow me around, hoping I'll disclose some proprietary information. I'm considering purchasing a Kimber DASA when this legal case is settled. Kimber is a competent firearms manufacturer, why wouldn't a firearms inventor not want to know what people think of their products?
Picatinny Arsenal cares about my patent, check out the Army's new heavy M4 barrel. I invented it. Those spiral flutes (design patent) works with the novel manufacturing process (utility patent) to create the endurance benefit. This is another part of the intellectual property theft investigation. The boys up in New Jersey are nervous.
You made the claim, now show your work.

I call bullshit and will be the first to apologize if I'm wrong.

Thats some generalizing there.
Show us specifically your patents in use by the US Army.

·
Banned
35 Posts
You made the claim, now show your work.

I call bullshit and will be the first to apologize if I'm wrong.

Thats some generalizing there.
Show us specifically your patents in use by the US Army.
I have to generalize to you because the US Army hasn't disclosed the sensitive information regarding the manufacturing processin the new barrel. It would be unwise for me to disclose. When the intellectual property theft investigation is complete, you can read about my patents in the news. You will also learn who the patent thieves are and their accomplices. The America Invents Act (AIA) has brought about these patent wars. My legal fight is just a skirmish compared to others who have fallen victim to this legalized patent theft legislation. But with Joe Biden, America has a chance to Build Back Better. And a big part of that will be revamping America's patent law.
No apology will be needed.
FYI: (ACI) Angle Cosine Indicator - stolen by Ward W. Brien, Sniper Tools design Company, Estes Park, CO

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have to generalize to you because the US Army hasn't disclosed the sensitive information regarding the manufacturing processin the new barrel. It would be unwise for me to disclose. When the intellectual property theft investigation is complete, you can read about my patents in the news. You will also learn who the patent thieves are and their accomplices. The America Invents Act (AIA) has brought about these patent wars. My legal fight is just a skirmish compared to others who have fallen victim to this legalized patent theft legislation. But with Joe Biden, America has a chance to Build Back Better. And a big part of that will be revamping America's patent law.
No apology will be needed.
FYI: (ACI) Angle Cosine Indicator - stolen by Ward W. Brien, Sniper Tools design Company, Estes Park, CO
So... secret squirrel classified military shit that you are talking about "in general terms" on a public international gun forum, pre approval of a government contract, while you are working with the FBI, concerning a. criminal patent lawsuit?
Did I get that right?

Does your lawyer know you are trolling a gun forum?

Yeah..we will need a bit more than that, sport.

Forgive us if we dont take your bullshit at face value.
Commies aren't exactly known for their honesty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts