Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Usefull info....?

Hi,guys...i am wondering....this is a forun to exchange info...then everybody is complaining about their solos and how to make a travel to yonkers but......no one is charing info about their fix,parts that they have changed,mods etc :mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a lot of info in prior posts if you look at them. I posted a detailed list of exactly what my problem was and listed the parts replaced plus # of rounds test fired when they tested it, etc.

Several others have posted their situations and the parts replaced by Kimber. You just have to read the prior posts. If I find the time I have thought about reading them again and making a list or you could do the same and post them.:D

·
Super Moderator
37,292 Posts
Kimber doesn't always list all of the parts they replaced or the work they've done.

Reactions: ChattanoogaPhil

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi,guys...i am wondering....this is a forum to exchange info...then everybody is complaining about their solos and how to make a travel to yonkers but......no one is sharing info about their fix,parts that they have changed,mods etc :mad:
Not everyone is complaining. There are those that do, of course. That happens on all gun forums.

I've posted my fixed/replaced parts twice in this forum and there are a bunch of us who have had very positive experience with Solos after visiting Kimber. If you have one and have difficulties with it, send it back.

If you don't have one and want to avoid the down time, don't buy one.

I'm very happy with mine, it's been totally reliable since Kimber serviced it. I'm convinced that the Solo will one day be a very sought after pocket pistol. If you have one, get it fixed. It doesn't cost anything and you can always sell it with a clear conscience. But if you give it am honest chance, I'll bet you keep it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kimber doesn't always list all of the parts they replaced or the work they've done.
When the repairs are made, they call you and give you a heads up on the return shipment. I asked the Service Caller to give me a list of parts replaced and letter stating they swapped my frame with a new one with the new serial number on Kimber letterhead. It's not a receipt but it clearly show Kimber ownership with my name, addy, the new firearm's info and a Kimber higher up's signature.

As Chuck said, they won't offer the info. I had to ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts