Kimber Talk Forums banner

What gun magazines do you READ?

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  flyingDoberman 
#1 ·
Looking to subscribe to a good firearms magazine. Primarily handgun.
I am asking for advice and your help is appreciated.:confused:

#2 ·
Don't. Get American Rifleman from NRA but don't subscribe to any others. Mostly ads or pseudo evaluations that I don't totally trust so, I choose not to read them. YMMV

Reactions: bhunted
#8 ·
I also get Gun Tests. If the gun or product they are testing is good or bad they will tell you.

Reactions: flyingDoberman
#6 ·
American Rifleman, American Handgunner, Guns and Concealed Carry. Like a couple of guys have said before me American Handgunner is my favorite.

#14 ·
Them's Fight'n Iron words

I like Shooting Illustrated through NRA. First thing I turn to is Wiley Clapp's "Fight'n Iron" on the last page.
Must times it is like a trip down memory lane. Not the fight'n, I own or have worked with many of the arms he features.

#15 · (Edited)
Gun Mags

Every month, I read the American Hunter from the NRA and Shooting Times. I've been reading Shooting Times since the 70's. I can't stop now. I still remember seeing a picture of present Handgun Editor, Bart Skelton, at 8 years old firing his dad's Ruger Flattop .44 magnum. His dad, Skeeter, was the Handgun Editor back in the 70's and had written an article that included Bart's picture!!! A whole lot of what I know about guns came from Skeeter's articles. The magazine has given me much pleasure over the years.

After I finish them, I now send them to my grand nephew, who is in the Army. I've hooked him and most of his Army friends on Bart Skelton now!!:D:D:D

Reactions: Marshall
#16 ·
Oops!!

I read a Chip McCormick magazine once!! It had a pretty short story line. The follower said, "CMC Shooting Star" and the floor plate said, ".45 ACP"!!!

I quit reading after just one!!! Not too exciting!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

Nose Lip Eyebrow Eyelash Human body

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.