Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always carry a knife unless in a metal detector secured area.
The one I have is a Kershaw Speedsafe Oh So Sweet model. It is spring assisted opening and with a liner-lock. The blade is concave with a smooth edge to assist in sharpening. I use a diamond hone to get and keep it razor sharp. I am very careful with it because it is sharp enough to take a finger off. I am confident it will cut through clothing and to the bone in one attempt. It has a lifetime warranty that I used it once when the original knife had the spring backbone break. It is made in China (quality is always suspect) and probably why the backbone snapped. Kershaw had the replacement on backorder for about 2 months. But the lifetime warranty for about $20 outlay has been worth every penny. With the attached side clip I keep it at the top of my front pocket and can one-hand deploy it about as quick as a sidearm draw.

·
Administrator
40,992 Posts
My EDC knife is a Bear OPS Tanto Automatic with a 3.75" blade. Right now it's somewhere between my house and Chico's. When it was new I sent it to Chico to be polished and it carries a life sharp edge. It's going back for a touch up.

Reactions: RustyIron

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Kershaw Speedsafe Oh So Sweet model. It is spring assisted opening and with a liner-lock. The blade is concave with a smooth edge to assist in sharpening. I use a diamond hone to get and keep it razor sharp. I am very careful with it because it is sharp enough to take a finger off.
Excellent. Nothing brings joy like effortlessly slicing through whatever it is that needs slicing.

Here's what I carried this morning. It's reasonably well made, the steel is top-shelf, but the diminutive size really limits the usefulness of this knife.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
For a while now I've been carrying "2" knives. Auto Kershaw Launch 7, a Auto Boker Kalashnikov 74 Customized.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Here's an older photo of what I carry every day in left front pocket. I was losing them fairly often so I bought 3 more the less tactical looking version when a seller on this site had them listed for a really good price. They're not real expensive but when you're replacing them every other month they get costy! The 3 are still in my dresser drawer waiting (but I've stopped losing them and I actually found one of the "lost" knives under a recliner). They hold a decent edge pretty long considering how I abuse them and sharpen fairly well. Not a fighting/defense knife but a useful tool!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I picked up this CRKT on closeout several years ago, it was marked down to $29.95!!! If you watch on their site discontinued models are often priced to sell.
I like that there's a lanyard hole so I can tether it to a belt loop when fishing out of a kayak. Better safe than sorry kinda thing :) I did notice a few pitts/stains on the blade after a few times out, salt water is brutal. Other than that the size and design are "Goldilocks" for my purposes.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
Yikes, I have two drawers full of knives! But after all these years, one really stands out.

I have been carrying a Cold Steel "Tuff Lite" for the past few months. It has a razor sharp wharncliffe blade with a beautifully curved spine matching the crest of the handle.

Yes, it's quite a beautiful knife. But all kidding aside, it's the sharpest tool I've ever seen--even keener than a razor blade. Fortunately the blade and the handle has finger choils to keep your fingers from sliding onto the edge.

I have a big collection, but even then what I need is a jackknife.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I carry two Buck knives. A Buck 055 in my pocket which is one half the size of the Buck 110 auto hanging on my belt. On the other side I use a Micro 9 for punching holes in things.

Reactions: cousinmark

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I always carry a knife unless in a metal detector secured area.
The one I have is a Kershaw Speedsafe Oh So Sweet model. It is spring assisted opening and with a liner-lock. The blade is concave with a smooth edge to assist in sharpening. I use a diamond hone to get and keep it razor sharp. I am very careful with it because it is sharp enough to take a finger off. I am confident it will cut through clothing and to the bone in one attempt. It has a lifetime warranty that I used it once when the original knife had the spring backbone break. It is made in China (quality is always suspect) and probably why the backbone snapped. Kershaw had the replacement on backorder for about 2 months. But the lifetime warranty for about $20 outlay has been worth every penny. With the attached side clip I keep it at the top of my front pocket and can one-hand deploy it about as quick as a sidearm draw.
...hey, how about a pic or two of this spooky sharp Kershaw you speak of??? We do like images around here :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts