Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to purchase an OWB leather holster with a large enough sweat guard to keep the beaver tail from rubbing against my body for an Ultra Carry II (3" barrel). Prefer no retention strap but the holster to hold the Ultra secure.
There are a lot of holsters on the market that look like they would work but looking and actually doing so are two different things.
I would appreciate any advice you can spare.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
The Wright Leather Works Predator is my favorite. There are plenty of quality holsters available. I haven’t tried every brand but the Predator works great. I have a few that are lined and I few that aren’t. If you’re looking to limit your spending you don’t need the lining. The standard Predator for about $105 won’t disappoint you.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The Wright Leather Works Predator is my favorite. There are plenty of quality holsters available. I haven’t tried every brand but the Predator works great. I have a few that are lined and I few that aren’t. If you’re looking to limit your spending you don’t need the lining. The standard Predator for about $105 won’t disappoint you.
Considering ordering the predator for my Ultra Carry. Was wondering will it print wearing a tee shirt? Currently been using a Sparks SS 2. OWB should be more comfortable. Just concerned about concealment.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Considering ordering the predator for my Ultra Carry. Was wondering will it print wearing a tee shirt? Currently been using a Sparks SS 2. OWB should be more comfortable. Just concerned about concealment.
Paul, I wear this with a t-shirt untucked and it’s not hard to conceal. I wear it around 3 o’clock. I usually use a Carhartt because they come a little bigger then most t-shirts. OWB really is much more comfortable than IWB. You forget your carrying a gun.
I recently purchased a used Milt Sparks VM II. I got this for a good price but what I don’t like is I feel like it rides to high for my liking. Also the snaps come undone very easily. The magnetic loops are supposed to be really nice.
If I had to choose 1, I would choose the Predator every time. Of course holster are like most things with guns, It’s a personal choice. I don’t think the Predator will disappoint.
I have a few Predators line and a few not lined. The lining is nice but not really a necessity in my opinion.

WLWs has one in stock in its overstocked and blem list. It’s walnut and $92. You don’t have to wait the 6-8 week.
I think by now you know I’m an enabler.lol

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Paul, I wear this with a t-shirt untucked and it’s not hard to conceal. I wear it around 3 o’clock. I usually use a Carhartt because they come a little bigger then most t-shirts. OWB really is much more comfortable than IWB. You forget your carrying a gun.
I recently purchased a used Milt Sparks VM II. I got this for a good price but what I don’t like is I feel like it rides to high for my liking. Also the snaps come undone very easily. The magnetic loops are supposed to be really nice.
If I had to choose 1, I would choose the Predator every time. Of course holster are like most things with guns, It’s a personal choice. I don’t think the Predator will disappoint.
I have a few Predators line and a few not lined. The lining is nice but not really a necessity in my opinion.

WLWs has one in stock in its overstocked and blem list. It’s walnut and $92. You don’t have to wait the 6-8 week.

That’s the one I saw a bargain @92.00 & no wait. Should match up color wise with my sparks tan colored belt. I will be pulling the trigger on that one. Another ? The belt holes are cut @ 1 3/4 “ my belt is 1 1/2”, will the holster have any excessive movement?

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
That’s the one I saw a bargain @92.00 & no wait. Should match up color wise with my sparks tan colored belt. I will be pulling the trigger on that one. Another ? The belt holes are cut @ 1 3/4 “ my belt is 1 1/2”, will the holster have any excessive movement?
I use an 1 1/2” belt, no problem. That’s the same one I’m talking about, I’m surprised it’s still there, it’s been listed for a while. I bought an overstocked/blem for my Sig P938. I don’t know if it was a blem or overstocked. Looks perfect to me.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I use an 1 1/2” belt, no problem. That’s the same one I’m talking about, I’m surprised it’s still there, it’s been listed for a while. I bought an overstocked/blem for my Sig P938. I don’t know if it was a blem or overstocked. Looks perfect to me.
Just pulled the trigger on that puppy. Based on everything I read & your recommendation, I should not have buyers remorse. Thanks for you input. Will keep you posted & let u know how it works out

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on that puppy. Based on everything I read & your recommendation, I should not have buyers remorse. Thanks for you input. Will keep you posted & let u know how it works out
My first leather owb hybride for my p356xl spectre and my M18 from these folks. Believe they right here in Tn.?
They are called lock leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
I have one for my Ultra TLE in black and I was still tempted to buy the one you just purchased. I’m glad someone on the forum bought it. Congratulations, I hope you like it.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have one for my Ultra TLE in black and I was still tempted to buy the one you just purchased. I’m glad someone on the forum bought it. Congratulations, I hope you like it.
I purchased it. My card was charged $92. Order says unfulfilled Tried calling to see when it will ship. No answer. Meanwhile it stills shows available. Perhaps they have more than one. Check it out. Thanks I’m sure it will fit the bill.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
I purchased it. My card was charged $92. Order says unfulfilled Tried calling to see when it will ship. No answer. Meanwhile it stills shows available. Perhaps they have more than one. Check it out. Thanks I’m sure it will fit the bill.
I don’t remember how long mine took to ship. It wasn’t the same day I placed the order.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Hi JC
as you know i ordered the blem predator on the 4 th of July. I spoke to Brandon 2 days ago, tell me it won’t ship till next week. They charged my card $92.00, why the wait? It’s already made just have to put it in the mail. A bit dissapointed with their enthusiasm to mail me my holster. just wanted to give you a heads up on their service.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts