Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to purchase an OWB leather holster with a large enough sweat guard to keep the beaver tail from rubbing against my body for an Ultra Carry II (3" barrel). Prefer no retention strap but the holster to hold the Ultra secure.
There are a lot of holsters on the market that look like they would work but looking and actually doing so are two different things.
I would appreciate any advice you can spare.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
The Wright Leather Works Predator is my favorite. There are plenty of quality holsters available. I haven’t tried every brand but the Predator works great. I have a few that are lined and I few that aren’t. If you’re looking to limit your spending you don’t need the lining. The standard Predator for about $105 won’t disappoint you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Another for Weight Leather Works. If you call they can add extra height to the beaver tail guard. I have had that done. Added an extra inch to one. The regular pattern works well but felt the need for extra for when I had surgery. Worked like a charm and man they well made.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I'm one of the Wright Leather Works fans too. I have one of their holsters for each of my 1911s, including my Ultra II TLE.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the Wright Leather Predator is a decent choice. C. Rusty Sherrick’s SIS Model, R. Grizzle Georgia Snap 2 or Workin’ Man are even better.
C60F17DD-1658-46AD-9981-4DACDF1BDF50.jpeg
914EA949-565E-485F-BEF2-EF75D6D79250.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts