Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Man, how long is the barrel on that cannon? I don't think I have one that long?
8 3/8: the camera angle makes it look like its a foot long. I think many of the Dirty Harry movie posters were taken with the 8 3/8 for visual impact.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Ha yeah, camera angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I like them with 8 holes...
8 rounds of one of the best calibers ever developed...whats not to like? An 8 round revolver is at the top of my wish-list. Too bad there are few and far between for sale.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My Ruger SP101 .32 H&R Magnum stays in my closet close at hand:
I was always curious about that 32 HR mag. Seems like it fits a niche between control and effectiveness. Haven't done much research, so whats your unbiased opinion? Would you do it again?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Are you sure? Looks like a Dan Wesson from the pic, and it's missing the cylinder release latch, unless the photo has been reversed.

Never saw a S&W with a vent rib on the barrel.......:confused:
Ya, I was thinking the same: Dan Wesson model 15

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I was always curious about that 32 HR mag. Seems like it fits a niche between control and effectiveness. Haven't done much research, so whats your unbiased opinion? Would you do it again?
...my wife and I shot Cowboy Action (SASS) for 20 years... ...her Ruger Single Action Six Shooters are .32 H&R Magnum along with her 1895 model Marlin rifle .32 H&R Magnum... She shot
Lady duelist which is one handed.... all that to say that the control was excellent as well as the effectiveness--in that she shot tight 3 round groups when practicing, and in competition, rarely missed targets in the right sequence...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well its wheelgun Wednesday again. Here's my everyday carry: S&W M&P 340. This little guy has been my go-to daily carry for years. It replaced my XD-S 45, which didn’t have a single hiccup, but the revolver provides me with a bit more comfort in the reliability department. I was running 38 sp +P and switch over to the Interceptor/Ruger ARX 357. I’m impressed with the accuracy and manageable recoil. They may sound like a gimmicky round to some, but I’m seeing real follow-up round benefit with the lighter load/lesser recoil. Also the total weight of this 340 loaded with the ARX with another speed strip backup of ARX is in the area of pocket change weight. I found myself scraping the side of the grip when using a speed loader just enough to screw-up a smooth reload. I ended up scalloping-out the offending area and now its a snag free reload and it didn’t effect my grip.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Charter Arms .38spl Police Undercover (6-shot) & .44spl Bulldog.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 67 Posts