Registered
13,772 Posts
Making space awhile ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well its not Wednesday, but here's a very recent acquisition: pre M18 K22 Combat Masterpiece. I wasnt looking for a safe queen, just a decent .22 with honest wear. Went to the indoor range yesterday and shooting that is the most fun you can have with your pants on. The black on black sights are almost invisible to these old eyes, but its nothing that a small strip of white or fluorescent tape wont fix. I think (like me) it left the factory early or mid 50's. Anyone have a book? S/N 2296XX

Attachments

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Cattleman 45LC

Attachments

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Well its not Wednesday, but here's a very recent acquisition: pre M18 K22 Combat Masterpiece. I wasnt looking for a safe queen, just a decent .22 with honest wear. Went to the indoor range yesterday and shooting that is the most fun you can have with your pants on. The black on black sights are almost invisible to these old eyes, but its nothing that a small strip of white or fluorescent tape wont fix. I think (like me) it left the factory early or mid 50's. Anyone have a book? S/N 2296XX
According to "The Book" Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson. Looks like your serial number should have a "K" before the numbers? Lots of variations if you just go by the number it is 1954.
K-22 Combat Masterpiece "Pre-Model 18" Produced circa 1949-1985.
I think it would require more detailed pics for further info.
K designates Target Frame...I think.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
According to "The Book" Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson. Looks like your serial number should have a "K" before the numbers? Lots of variations if you just go by the number it is 1954.
K-22 Combat Masterpiece "Pre-Model 18" Produced circa 1949-1985.
I think it would require more detailed pics for further info.
K designates Target Frame...I think.
Thanks for the look-up 2sharp2. I've got "The Book", but its up at "The Camp" and it was bugging the $hit out of me to know the date. I was hoping it 1955 so I could say "see, this is as old as me but in much better shape!" I was really impressed with how it felt/balanced never mind how well it shot. No wonder they are popular.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thanks for the look-up 2sharp2. I've got "The Book", but its up at "The Camp" and it was bugging the $hit out of me to know the date. I was hoping it 1955 so I could say "see, this is as old as me but in much better shape!" I was really impressed with how it felt/balanced never mind how well it shot. No wonder they are popular.
BTW, yes it did have a "K" b/f the serial number. Also, thats a pretty sweet collection of wheelies you posted.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
BTW, yes it did have a "K" b/f the serial number. Also, thats a pretty sweet collection of wheelies you posted.
FYI: I really like your Combat Master, digging the 4" barrel. I have two K22 with 6" barrels, one is pretty old and the other is vintage 1970's.
Well they are popular for lots of reasons including looks, feel, balance, shoots great.
OK, I thought it had to have a "K." In that case it is 1954 if I looked it up correctly and I think I did.

Thanks, that's just a few of the wheelies...
If you ever want to sell/trade the Combat Master you know where to find me, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
FYI:
If you ever want to sell/trade the Combat Master you know where to find me, shoot me a PM.
Thanks 2 sharp2, appreciate the offer, but this is my "forever" .22 revolver. Always wanted one, so now I have one. I will shoot this with my grandkids and hopefully they will reminisce; "remember when we were shooting that 22 revolver off the back deck with gramps and we hit the shed window?" It will be handed down to a family member with a few other of my fun-guns…as long as they promise to shoot them.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Thanks 2 sharp2, appreciate the offer, but this is my "forever" .22 revolver. Always wanted one, so now I have one. I will shoot this with my grandkids and hopefully they will reminisce; "remember when we were shooting that 22 revolver off the back deck with gramps and we hit the shed window?" It will be handed down to a family member with a few other of my fun-guns…as long as they promise to shoot them.
Cool, just had to let you know I was your Huckleberry!

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Nice score on that Combat Masterpiece. Like a dang fool, about 30 years ago I sold my K-22 8-3/8" .22LR and have kicked myself in the arse ever since.

Good thing I've cozied up to my Smith M617 10-shot .22LR, but I sure do miss that exquisite finish and bluing on that K-22. You just can't beat that old Smith quality.

Enjoy that M18, they're not too plentiful any more. :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Model 60 3 inch in .357
This is one of my favorite guns.
Altamont basket weave walnut grips
20210419_163536~2.jpg

·
Registered
799 Posts
That is sweet I can see why it's a favorite!

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
950 Posts
I've shot thousands of rounds of both .38 and .357 through it.
The trigger is smooth.
With .357 it shoots a fireball out of the muzzle.
lol

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I can’t choose, they’re all favorites. If it had to be one, it’s the Blackhawk. That one was Dads county carry in the 60’s 41 mag.

The 2” Smith is the Ladysmith Version of the 60. That and the LCR are the wife’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I searched and didn't find a wheelgun wednesday, so here you go! I see plenty of wheelgun fans so I'll start with my favorite:
Rare S&W model 27-1. Pristine condition safe queen. It is so beautiful, I cant get myself to shoot it and cant remember the last time I did. I know, just shoot the damn thing! I'm not a collector and dont like safe queens, but I just cant do it. I will occasionally take it out of its silicone sock, drool on it, then put it back.
:D
F0851119-A488-41BF-BDBD-E120194B131B.jpeg
Stock K6s
F0851119-A488-41BF-BDBD-E120194B131B.jpeg
5E75A43F-541A-483E-B19B-CF3E0E17ECBA.jpeg
S&W 637, 642 with spring kits. All 3 favorite carry revolvers

41 - 60 of 67 Posts