Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for my favorite diet root beer for almost a month. Today, I went to three grocery stores looking for my root beer. You know what I found in every one of the stores? "Sorry, this item is on order." I call bullshit. Who is hoarding my root beer? What am I supposed to do when I wake up at 3:00 AM every morning to take a leak and need to wash the midnight drool from my mouth without my root beer ?

Coca Cola is all over the place but not a lick of root beer. Don't gimme that Dr. Pepper crap. I already have 12 doctors. I don't want to think of them right after I try to pee at 3:00 AM.

If nothing changes I will have to go to Kool-Ade. The democrats have been trying to feed me that crap for 50 years anyway.

WHO HAS MY ROOT BEER?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Alternatively, I'm pretty sure you can still find root beer barrels. I don't like candy, and I don't like soda; but between the two I'm pretty sure I prefer the candy. Unless you drop some ice cream in it! I love me a root beer float, and the wife gets these root beer half size cans somewhere because it's the right amount with no waste. Anyway. I don't think I have your root beer.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yeah, I used to get the half size cans so I wouldn't get as amount calories. That way I could still have my root beer without going the diet route, I'd as soon die as go diet! JMO! I actually finally quit buying it because I'm trying to stay at 250! With the COVID bullsh*t, they make it a bit harder!
I've always like root beer and when I was a kid we'd get the little bottles of Hires Root Beer syrup and make out own without carbonation! Theres an old A&W root beer stand near us that sells it in gallon jugs. Good stuff with a couple foot long coneys! Opps , there I go again.....I don't go there anymore! LOL! We have a pizza place called Spinoza's that sell the best draft root beer ever but it's expensive.
At any rate, since the CV19 started up, I've noticed that "certain things" like veggies with salt, at one point all instant coffee and certain things in the baking isle were in short supply or even non-existent! Most come out if you wait long enough. I would think the phone would be your best friend here to locate some in your city. Saves spending your cash on the resident "slo jo" byden high priced gasoline!
I think the biggest problem is the shortage of willing and able workers due to CV19 BS and the companies can't run all products since they are short staffed! Once they get all the afghan, haitian, chinese and mexican/central american/south american illegals spread out into the U.S., then they might get all lines up and running. But then, your diet drinks may not have the same flavor your used to. Welcome to Amerika!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alternatively, I'm pretty sure you can still find root beer barrels. I don't like candy, and I don't like soda; but between the two I'm pretty sure I prefer the candy. Unless you drop some ice cream in it! I love me a root beer float, and the wife gets these root beer half size cans somewhere because it's the right amount with no waste. Anyway. I don't think I have your root beer.
Anybody who has to resort to root beer barrels definitely does not have my root beer. I will put you on the safe list.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I used to get the half size cans so I wouldn't get as amount calories. That way I could still have my root beer without going the diet route, I'd as soon die as go diet! JMO! I actually finally quit buying it because I'm trying to stay at 250! With the COVID bullsh*t, they make it a bit harder!
I've always like root beer and when I was a kid we'd get the little bottles of Hires Root Beer syrup and make out own without carbonation! Theres an old A&W root beer stand near us that sells it in gallon jugs. Good stuff with a couple foot long coneys! Opps , there I go again.....I don't go there anymore! LOL! We have a pizza place called Spinoza's that sell the best draft root beer ever but it's expensive.
At any rate, since the CV19 started up, I've noticed that "certain things" like veggies with salt, at one point all instant coffee and certain things in the baking isle were in short supply or even non-existent! Most come out if you wait long enough. I would think the phone would be your best friend here to locate some in your city. Saves spending your cash on the resident "slo jo" byden high priced gasoline!
I think the biggest problem is the shortage of willing and able workers due to CV19 BS and the companies can't run all products since they are short staffed! Once they get all the afghan, haitian, chinese and mexican/central american/south american illegals spread out into the U.S., then they might get all lines up and running. But then, your diet drinks may not have the same flavor your used to. Welcome to Amerika!
Covid don't mean nuthin when it comes to root beer. Woke Coke is all over the place. I think I'm gonna have to put you on maybe list. Beside you are on a diet and what I am looking for is my diet root beer. Yup. Suspicious here.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I buy diet A&W at Walmart but have trouble finding Cheetos and Breyers ice cream. When I ask why they tell it's because of a shortage of delivery drivers.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
So you're saying my Breyers is melting in a warehouse somewhere!?
Unacceptable.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
@ShortFuse, I don't have your Root Beer cause I don't care for it, never could get a taste for it. I feel your pain and struggle but it's Diet Mtn. Dew that's my poison. I prefer it in 20oz bottles and several times this past year it has been back ordered at three different grocery stores. At Publix they have been out of stock of there brand soda crackers for over a month they are way better than the big name brand crackers IMO.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Well.
Tin Drinkware Drink Rectangle Gas

Doesn't look like it for some reason, but I assure you... those are the half size cans.

Reactions: Chuck43
1 - 20 of 57 Posts