Kimber Talk Forums banner

Where The Heck Is Sketter?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  bigdog10 
#1 ·
I haven't seen any posts by Sketter in quiet a while. I'm startin' to worry about the boy!!! He used to be on here all the time, now POOF! he's gone!!!

Come back Sketter, I miss you!!:D:D:D

#5 ·
I've posted several PMs to him, hoping he would receive an email notification. Something ticked him off and he just decided to bail. Too bad, too.

I also wish he wold return.

#6 ·
I've PM'd him as well, he never answered. What I felt was strange was that he went through the entire forum and deleted all (hundreds) of his posts.

#8 ·
Thats strange. Other than a couple of civil disagreements I have never seen anything that would or could piss anyone off. One of the reasons I go to this forum is that my complete understanding of just about everything is patiently tolerated. I guess I've missed a few posts.

#15 · (Edited)
I generally only engage in forums to ask of others' experiences before I waste my time or money; to learn and heighten understanding from those more knowledgable; pass on what little I have learned to others.

When a forum becomes a fan club for certain people or products. Or taken over by a group whose sole purpose is to control the opinions and to push particular purchases because they profit in the end AND in general just becomes a dick measuring contest, I lose interest pretty fast.

This place is pretty laid back and hopefully remains despite of its growth. Obviously just by name, this forum will take much of the brand x versus y away. Though unbiased objective thought is better than blind followers. I would like to think the KMI does poke around here.

I am all for opposing views and debate when down civilly. Hopefully staff controls the buttheads around here. If sketter was a hostile butthead then good riddance. I have enough of that in my life and don't have patience to deal with those that hide behind keyboards far away from the ability to choke them out.

This is more a general opinion not focused on sketter. I don't recall any hostile behavior or a reason to leave but no recall his posts either. But I'd anyone is not happy here, don't hang around and make others miserable too is what I meant.

#16 ·
I very much enjoy the open, accepting attitudes of this forum's members. We accept positive comments on any quality firearm. It's not a net-sum-zero for Kimber to own the world. There are a lot of great firearms out there. We pretty much focus on Kimbers, Duh, because it is specifically designed to be a conversation place for Kimber owners.

Sketter was not a butthead. He is a nice guy and I think it was just a misunderstanding between his southern sense of humor and some other members. Unfortunately, it appears he took it personally.

So, let's remember, folk from different parts of the country will enjoy or consider normal, different things than you. It's all good. Laugh at yourself before you laugh at others. :)

#18 ·
I very much enjoy the open, accepting attitudes of this forum's members. We accept positive comments on any quality firearm. It's not a net-sum-zero for Kimber to own the world. There are a lot of great firearms out there. We pretty much focus on Kimbers, Duh, because it is specifically designed to be a conversation place for Kimber owners.

Sketter was not a butthead. He is a nice guy and I think it was just a misunderstanding between his southern sense of humor and some other members. Unfortunately, it appears he took it personally.

So, let's remember, folk from different parts of the country will enjoy or consider normal, different things than you. It's all good. Laugh at yourself before you laugh at others. :)
Well said my good man well said...

#17 ·
Dang!

Sad to hear about Sketter's departure. I always enjoyed his posts!!

If he ever drops into this forum again, all I can say is:

SKETTER, WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!! MANY GOOD MEMORIES!! ;););)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.