2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II 10yrds 50rnds

Glock G30S 10yrds 50rnds

Ruger SR9C 10yrds 50rnds

·
Registered
643 Posts
Looks like you're pretty darn accurate with all three...which one feels most comfortable when carrying concealed??

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Good shooting Glokrok but you have to make that decision on what to carry.
IMO, I would keep shooting whatever feels most comfortable and trustworthy until YOU make the choice for an edc...

·
Registered
144 Posts
You should buy a few more kimber's to test and pick one of them :)

Reactions: glokrok and GiGi

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Sorry man, that's a personal decision only you can make.

Reactions: Marshall and GiGi

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I like big holes in my targets. personal choice.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! You all are very kind. I am so frustrated with my shooting. Some shots I feel like I am squeezing off good and it looks like I yanked it with a chain by where it lands on the target. Way out of group. Right now im carrying the Ruger. 10 rnds in the gun and 15 in my backup magazine. I go back and forth to the Glock. I dont enjoy shooting any gun like I do my Kimber tho. It goes to the range every time I go. Still building my confidence there.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Confidence is uber important.

Reactions: glokrok

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thank you! You all are very kind. I am so frustrated with my shooting. Some shots I feel like I am squeezing off good and it looks like I yanked it with a chain by where it lands on the target. Way out of group. Right now im carrying the Ruger. 10 rnds in the gun and 15 in my backup magazine. I go back and forth to the Glock. I dont enjoy shooting any gun like I do my Kimber tho. It goes to the range every time I go. Still building my confidence there.
Practice makes perfect :D

Reactions: Marshall

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Pick the gun you like the best and shoot the snot out of it. Changing from gun to gun doesn't do much for your skills with your EDC.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
There are things you can do to quickly improve accuracy such as proper stance, posture, balance, arm position, grip, sight technique, etc. Getting personal training would be best, but there is a lot of info online that can help some. I bought a training DVD as a start and I'd say it has helped quite a bit. I plan to get personal instruction too, but if you want to shoot better, both practice AND knowing the right techniques is what will make a difference.

Reactions: glokrok

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Pick the one that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. cause your shooting is just fine...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the warm and fuzzy is definitely my Kimber. I just gotta get my confidence in this cocked and locked carry. Im thinking about just carrying it around the house unloaded. As a confidence builder.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Well the warm and fuzzy is definitely my Kimber. I just gotta get my confidence in this cocked and locked carry. Im thinking about just carrying it around the house unloaded. As a confidence builder.
That's a good start. Soon you'll realize just how safe a cocked and locked 1911 is!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pick the gun you like the best and shoot the snot out of it. Changing from gun to gun doesn't do much for your skills with your EDC.
I agree 100% about practicing with your EDC (Sig Sauer P239, Kimber Ultra+ CDPII). Although holster/band withdraw may not be appropriate at a controlled gun range (for obvious reasons), it is something you should practice as often as possible. I also choose to practice with my "nightstand" gun (Kimber Tactical II), my "under the seat of my car gun" (Kimber Raptor Stainless Custom), my camping gun (Smith/Wesson 44 mag), and finally my "I know I'll never really need it but it's been a long f'ing day and this will really change my my gray skies to blue" gun (Kimber TLE/RL II 10mm).:D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I agree 100% about practicing with your EDC (Sig Sauer P239, Kimber Ultra+ CDPII). Although holster/band withdraw may not be appropriate at a controlled gun range (for obvious reasons), it is something you should practice as often as possible. I also choose to practice with my "nightstand" gun (Kimber Tactical II), my "under the seat of my car gun" (Kimber Raptor Stainless Custom), my camping gun (Smith/Wesson 44 mag), and finally my "I know I'll never really need it but it's been a long f'ing day and this will really change my my gray skies to blue" gun (Kimber TLE/RL II 10mm).:D
Love to hear someone else with 'a gun for every occasion' mentality! :)

As far as holster practice, our LGS allows holster practice at the range as long as you have taken their class on holster methods. They also have a tactical bay where they will set up different scenarios for training. You have to take a safety class to do the scenario training.

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
Love to hear someone else with 'a gun for every occasion' mentality! :)

As far as holster practice, our LGS allows holster practice at the range as long as you have taken their class on holster methods. They also have a tactical bay where they will set up different scenarios for training. You have to take a safety class to do the scenario training.
OK, gun for every occasion/best tool for the job. I am retired so I don't have to leave the house every day. Tennessee is an open carry state, but I prefer not to scare the sheeple. When I do 80% of the time my CC is old faithful Detonics .45 Combat Master, 10% is Kimber CDP Ultra, 10% Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special. With CC I stopped leaving/keeping a pistol in the vehicle, they may contain spare loaded magazines or speed loaders. The .44special pretty much stays hidden within arms reach of my recliner, this is also go to gun for wife if I am not home. Whichever .45 that is not being CC'd stays in safe, carried gun becomes nightstand gun along with Streamlight TLR-1 hand held NOT mounted to weapon.
Bassboat gun before CC would have been either S&W Chrome 6"Bl .44 magnum or Winchester Stainless Riot Pump, these days pretty much Riot scattergun all the time. Yes, it has come in handy fishing. Strangers approach about 2:00am acting strange and asking odd questions getting to close, I reach down and place the pump gun in my lap, stranger says where did you get a chrome fishing rod? I said oh Berkley don't make this one it's my Winchester Shotgun...they left real fast!!
I would feel comfortable carrying any pistol I have for CC but some of them would not be practical, either barrel length or small caliber.
That's the way I roll. I don't think you should carry the same pistol all the time but like others said practice a lot with what you carry.
Good Luck! Hopes this helps you.

Reactions: Insta-Gator

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
My 2 Cents Worth!!

Since you HAVE asked for an opinion, I won't beat around the bush with the answer. Old linemen are used to sitting around on poles, not fences!!! ;);) Purely from looking at your targets, it is quite clear that you shoot the Ruger SR9c much better than the other 2 pistols. I know the Ruger is smaller and easier to conceal than a Glock G30s (I had a Ruger SR40c that was a very nice carry pistol.) and it is probably just a hair smaller than the Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry. So on that count, the Ruger wins again. The question is, how do you shoot these pistols under pressure?? Have you ever shot competition? That is when you will find out how good you really are!!!

If you don't shoot competition, bring some friends to the range and create some. Shoot against each other, head to head, against the clock. Try various pistols and see which one feels the best and operates with the least amount of thinking. While the SR9c may group the best on static targets shot at your leisure and be the easiest to conceal, you need to carry the one that works best under pressure almost on pure instinct. If you achieve reasonable (read: center mass) accuracy with speed almost at will with one certain pistol, THAT is the one you should carry. Comfort and confidence is everything as long as accuracy is acceptable. Bare in mind that an assailant won't be able to tell you the difference between a 1 1/2" group or a 4" group planted in the center of his chest!!! The accuracy required for self defense shooting is referred to as: Minute of Scumbag!!!!

So........from your short original dissertation (like that word?) I gather that you have confidence in your Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry. Find out what you can do with it under pressure. Even if the SR9c sounds better, the one you feel better with and can use proficiently under pressure is the one you SHOULD be carrying!!

How's that for not sitting on a fence??:eek::D

Reactions: Chuck43
1 - 20 of 21 Posts