Kimber Talk Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Ya can sit and watch TV and just rack the shit out of it. No need to dry fire it every time either. I do it to almost every pistol I get. Gets you an inch close when it comes to range time. Add what Chuck said too. BTW, I’d clean it at least when you get it. Afterwards is up to you. I’ve seen metal shavings and sharp edges in pistols. Not really good as a wear in solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too had a P365. I didn't care for it as I felt the grip was to small. I liked the feel of my wife's Micro 9 in my hand better. I installed a Hogue Soft Over Molded Rubber Grip and she found it filled her hand better and I had to agree. Long sorry short..I kicked the Sig to the curb and bought a Micro 9 Rapide for myself and replaced the G10 grip on it with the Hogue's. I also have a P365XL and a Shield Plus that I rotate my Micro 9 with. I find I'm carrying the latter more often because of its size and shootability. Hope this helps.
I have the P365 Compact., but didn't like the way I had to change my grip to hit the mag release, and didn't like having to change my grip to change mags also.

So, I ordered an XL grip module, some XL floor plates for the 12 and 15 round mags, and an extended mag release button from Armory Craft. Basically I built what Sig is now selling as the P365 X and the mag release button has similar projection and feel as the one on my M18. The 12 + 1 capacity is definitely something I like in a carry gun.

I love the Micro 9, but I find the Sig just fits my hand better, and I'm pretty sure that's why I shoot it better. My expectation is when I get to shoot the Kimber more, my level of confidence in it will go up provided it deserves it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Updated Range Report

Yesterday was the second time I went to the range with my new Micro 9. I fired approximately 100 rounds using different manufacturer’s 124 grain and 115 grain FMJ ammo and once again the pistol performed flawlessly. There were no issues whatsoever. This time I didn’t fire any Hornady Critical Defense, Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot +P; however at my first range outing the pistol handled them without problems at all. I’m happy that I purchased this pistol and I love the trigger and it’s my new EDC firearm. I was previously carrying a Kahr CM9 for 1.5+ years which is also a very well made and reliable pistol.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the P365 Compact., but didn't like the way I had to change my grip to hit the mag release, and didn't like having to change my grip to change mags also.

So, I ordered an XL grip module, some XL floor plates for the 12 and 15 round mags, and an extended mag release button from Armory Craft. Basically I built what Sig is now selling as the P365 X and the mag release button has similar projection and feel as the one on my M18. The 12 + 1 capacity is definitely something I like in a carry gun.

I love the Micro 9, but I find the Sig just fits my hand better, and I'm pretty sure that's why I shoot it better. My expectation is when I get to shoot the Kimber more, my level of confidence in it will go up provided it deserves it.
I do like my P365XL...I purchased the P365 after the XL because I was in search of a micro compact. My wife purchased her standard Micro 9 at the same time. Like I said, I shot it well just hated the grip. When I parted with it I went and looked at the Kimbers and fell for the Rapide because of the TruGlo optics and the extended mag well. I customized the pinky extension on the mags...added a Hogue Over Moulded grip and now have very concealable and shootable micro. I shoot it as well as my XL and love the feel of it in my hand. I find I'm packing it more often than my P365XL and my Shield Plus. I just love the feel of the little cannon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
[email protected] said "I have the P365 Compact., but didn't like the way I had to change my grip to hit the mag release,"

I ended up swapping my mag release to the right side. I have stubby thumbs and cannot reach the release without changing my grip. With it on the right side I can release it rapidly with my index finger without changing my grip around. I have all my button operated pistols that allow it on the right side. Sadly my Kimber doesn't. My HK's have the ambi paddle release whick is a great feature. I wish all manufacturers offered that option.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Updated Range Report

Yesterday was the second time I went to the range with my new Micro 9. I fired approximately 100 rounds using different manufacturer’s 124 grain and 115 grain FMJ ammo and once again the pistol performed flawlessly. There were no issues whatsoever. This time I didn’t fire any Hornady Critical Defense, Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot +P; however at my first range outing the pistol handled them without problems at all. I’m happy that I purchased this pistol and I love the trigger and it’s my new EDC firearm. I was previously carrying a Kahr CM9 for 1.5+ years which is also a very well made and reliable pistol.
Always nice to hear positive reports on the little darlings. Glad you're bonding with yours :) Pictures from the range and the Micro though? Where's the pics???
On a more serious note I have found that ammo on the hotter side does effect the lifespan of recoil springs in my sub compact pistols. For that reason I keep spares on hand and the pistols set up with tested but low round count springs for EDC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. No photos yet. I agree about the hotter ammo. Typically I only use it to ensure that it performs well with a new pistol and then I only use the +P or Hollow points for self defense. After a new EDC pistol proves to be reliable I don’t use it much at the range for target practice. I mostly use my larger 9mms and .22 for target practice and then fire the 2 mags with my EDC (now it’s the Micro 9) at the end of my range session.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Thanks. No photos yet. I agree about the hotter ammo. Typically I only use it to ensure that it performs well with a new pistol and then I only use the +P or Hollow points for self defense. After a new EDC pistol proves to be reliable I don’t use it much at the range for target practice. I mostly use my larger 9mms and .22 for target practice and then fire the 2 mags with my EDC (now it’s the Micro 9) at the end of my range session.
Practice with the gun you carry and trust you life to.
I can't stress this enough.

I shoot my EDC at every range session, usually 50 or so rounds. Twice a month.
If I have an issue with the gun or ammo, or I need improvement in an area, it needs to happen on the range.

Shoot the shit out of a gun if you carry it.

Reactions: Twobits73

·
Registered
203 Posts
Practice with the gun you carry and trust you life to.
I can't stress this enough.

I shoot my EDC at every range session, usually 50 or so rounds. Twice a month.
If I have an issue with the gun or ammo, or I need improvement in an area, it needs to happen on the range.

Shoot the shit out of a gun if you carry it.
Got over 1000 rounds through my Micro 9. Just bought a Walther PPK-S that dates back to 1983 that no one has fired it since it left the womb. Plan on shooting it too. It sure won't hurt it and I got it for a shooters price.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts