Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Wilson Flat Spring kit. One reason I decided to switch out my whole guide rod, bushing and spring was to get away from using the "paper clip" tool. Then I see this little hole.....then I see this tiny pin! #%*!? WTF?:confused:

So I ASS-u-me that instead of the awkward little L tool that my fingers can barely pick up I can now use the even smaller tiny little pin that I can't possibly pick up?

I swear I saw a YouFool video that showed a guy breaking down a Pro without a tool.

Yours truly,
Fooled in Ky.

Ps. Sorry for the crappy iPad photo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
I just got my Wilson Flat Spring kit. One reason I decided to switch out my whole guide rod, bushing and spring was to get away from using the "paper clip" tool. Then I see this little hole.....then I see this tiny pin! #%*!? WTF?:confused:

So I ASS-u-me that instead of the awkward little L tool that my fingers can barely pick up I can now use the even smaller tiny little pin that I can't possibly pick up?

I swear I saw a YouFool video that showed a guy breaking down a Pro without a tool.

Yours truly,
Fooled in Ky.

Ps. Sorry for the crappy iPad photo.
The hole is optional. Watch the video on Wilson Combat's web site.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
The hole is only there to help you initially install the spring if you feel you need it. Watch the video on Wilson Combats site.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hole is only there to help you initially install the spring if you feel you need it. Watch the video on Wilson Combats site.
Chuck, I don't need that ho! Me and that ho are history!.....uh, never mind. You said "hole".....but I still don't don't need it! I watched Wilson's video, which is what I think I saw on YouFool but my mind apparently blocked out the hole.

I'm ready to go tool-free!

When I get home and put it in, I'll post about how smart I am.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Chuck, I don't need that ho! Me and that ho are history!.....uh, never mind. You said "hole".....but I still don't don't need it! I watched Wilson's video, which is what I think I saw on YouFool but my mind apparently blocked out the hole.

I'm ready to go tool-free!

When I get home and put it in, I'll post about how smart I am.
I've got every confidence in you, you're going to pop it right in and forever be tool free.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I dropped the little pin and lost it before I could get it in, any how you don't need it though the first time I put mine together it was a struggle but if I can do it anyone can. O and you will find the gun runs much smoother with the Wilson spring and rod installed.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
If anyone hears a yell on Saturday from StLou,that's probably me changing out the recoil springs on the two PCII {9mm-45}that I have.I have read everything,watched enough YouBoob videos and know when it's all said and done ,it will be done...No problem at all..{said the mouse running from the cat}...

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
If anyone hears a yell on Saturday from StLou,that's probably me changing out the recoil springs on the two PCII {9mm-45}that I have.I have read everything,watched enough YouBoob videos and know when it's all said and done ,it will be done...No problem at all..{said the mouse running from the cat}...
You can do it!! Make sure you get your Johnny Walker back though, just in case!

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
You can do it!! Make sure you get your Johnny Walker back though, just in case!
Save the Johnny Walker to celebrate a job well done after the springs are changed and the guns put away.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Save the Johnny Walker to celebrate a job well done after the springs are changed and the guns put away.
Very funny guys.:D....I'm pretty good with my hands{ask gg} and have learned with age to manage my patience.On the other thing, Johnnie{Walker}will stay hidden until the job is done and the guns are back in the safe.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh man....I kicked that springs ass all right.....BOOM! I'm just glad you guys weren't watching me. Or timing me. But once I get my technique down, piece of cake. (Fruit cake. No angel food or sponge cake. Not yet.) but I did it without the assistance of a tool. Oh yeah. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
Oh man....I kicked that springs ass all right.....BOOM! I'm just glad you guys weren't watching me. Or timing me. But once I get my technique down, piece of cake. (Fruit cake. No angel food or sponge cake. Not yet.) but I did it without the assistance of a tool. Oh yeah. :cool:
Never doubted you for a moment!

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
I've got every confidence in you, you're going to pop it right in and forever be tool free.
Did I call it back in post #5 or did I call it, I knew you could do it.

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I've actually been thinking about getting a new spring cap that is solid on top.

Perhaps if the cap is solid on top I can depress the spring without a tool and get the bushing to turn on my CCCII. I have a personal problem with any pistol that can not be field stripped without the use of a tool.

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
I've actually been thinking about getting a new spring cap that is solid on top.

Perhaps if the cap is solid on top I can depress the spring without a tool and get the bushing to turn on my CCCII. I have a personal problem with any pistol that can not be field stripped without the use of a tool.
Glocks don't need tools! But you already knew that!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Glocks don't need tools! But you already knew that!
Yes, yes I did. :D

I'd really like to shoot and carry a Pro and Ultra as a test drive for a couple days to see how I like them as a carry. I shoot much better with my Kimber than my Glocks, so naturally I'd like to carry a Kimber. My Glock might feel bad for a while, but she'll get over it.

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
Yes, yes I did. :D

I'd really like to shoot and carry a Pro and Ultra as a test drive for a couple days to see how I like them as a carry. I shoot much better with my Kimber than my Glocks, so naturally I'd like to carry a Kimber. My Glock might feel bad for a while, but she'll get over it.
Then go buy a Pro or an Ultra!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts