Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess boys will be boys and here in God's Country (aka Athens, GA) we get a lot of that.
Unfortunately when guns are involved the powers that be don't have much of a sense of humor? Turns out a UGA player, Nyland Green, has been charged with 2 felonies and a misdemeanor. I guess he was dry firing his shooter while pointing it in the direction of someone and there's also a question of several windows with holes in them? He is out on a 10K bond and that's where it stands...
...yup, the shooter in question was a BB gun.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Growing up in the 50's with my trust Daisy Red Ryder BB gun, I was oblivious to all the potential 'danger' those guns potentially had. Now adays, kids don't even know how to make a slingshot out of a "Y" tree branch with their pocket knife (probably banned anyway). It's an entirely new world we're now living in, and it's a wonder any of us survived if today's parameters are applied.

I like "the old world" we lived in then, seems sanity prevailed then too. This PC woke world will be the death of us all.

(Oh, and that movie "Christmas Story" took place in the exact time frame as me as a wee lad was living. I remember 1948-9 well waiting for my Red Ryder at Christmas, no TV, we listened to the radio every evening. Oh the horror!)

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm probably going to rot in hell for eternity, I gave each of my 5 grandchildren a Daisy, Red Rider BB gun on their 7th birthday.
I don't know about that Chuck? Personally I know I developed a large portion of my respect for firearms patrolling the trails in our neighborhood woods with my first Daisy. I have no doubt that like myself and most all of us here your grandchildren learned a number of valuable lessons with their air guns. Lessons that most likely will translate into them being responsible with any firearms they may wind up handling as adults.
Hey, giving the kids Daisies may wind up being on the plus side of the ledger??? In my book you get an A for effort 👍🏻

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I was going to express one opinion, but then I started reading news accounts and changed my mind. It sounds like the popo thinks Green broke a window. And the prosecutor is charging him with a variety of felonies and misdemeanors. It sounds like a case of Green getting Rittenhoused.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts