Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
welcome Goldfalcon06

Sorry to hear about the train wreck :-(
My suggestion would be to send the little PITA back to Yonkers and also contact the corporate office in writing about having it REPLACED. They have that option and it won't cost anything to try?
I wouldn't blame you if you if you traded it in, but I think they'll make it right, one way or another, and you won't have to take the hit in the wallet :)
I'm not a big fan of getting screwed or seeing it happen to someone else. "Settling" for a sub par warranty repair? Not happening quietly around here :) For me it'd be more of a "on principal" thing? It has been said I'm stubborn on occasion?
...good luck man

·
Registered
315 Posts
Kimber says not to over lube the pistol, but every 1911 type pistol I have seen likes to run wet. Try getting it a little wet with a good synthetic oil and see if that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newby here I have put 500+ thru mine mostly reloads ,JHP,lead,and copper coated and factory loads no problems with mine carry it every day really like it hope to see one of the micro 9mm guns very interested it how it will compare to the size and performance of the micro 380

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
Newby here I have put 500+ thru mine mostly reloads ,JHP,lead,and copper coated and factory loads no problems with mine carry it every day really like it hope to see one of the micro 9mm guns very interested it how it will compare to the size and performance of the micro 380
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to be sure....I shot a few more rounds of FMJ and JHP. Used a different lube (I know, I KNOW), used Lawman FMJ, which seemed to be the best of the ammo I previously tired ("best" meaning malfunctions, but fewer than others), and tried a Sig P238 recoil spring (no difference in functioning). Still same old issues, no better, no worse. Called Kimber customer service, who were very apologetic, told me not to worry about the warranty period, took copious notes and asked many questions, told me that whatever happens, not to worry about the warranty period expiring and that they will make it right for me. Got my RMA and will send it off. More to follow...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had two Sig P238s. Both were unreliable and jammed frequently.

I sold both.

One was an early generation and the other was a later generation.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
I had two Sig P238s. Both were unreliable and jammed frequently.

I sold both.

One was an early generation and the other was a later generation.
LOTS of HAPPY Sig P238 owners here, maybe your issues were operator error...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I doubt operator error. I have handled and maintained pistols to tanks all of my life. The Sig P238s were wet and well maintained. However it was extremely rare for it to go through a magazine without at least one FTF or similar issue. I was using quality ammo too.

I had a larger CZ83 that was 100% reliable. It ate everything.

The micro 380s need some serious engineering and much better factory QA.

·
Super Moderator
38,067 Posts
Maybe at first when Kimber came out with them, like Sig did they had problems. I have owned both the Sig P238 and Sig 938 before Kimber ever came out with their equivalents. They both had problems that both Sig and Kimber corrected. Don't continue to dwell on the past and accept what the future brings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow... I'm sure everyone here has been on the edge of their seat the past four years waiting for the above update. :rolleyes:
Hey thanks for pointing out dates of the posts. I just bought a Kimber and was getting worried after reading this thread.

All brands have problems and not all can be corrected.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a P238 for many years, I carried it as a BUG or as a warm weather gun that's easily concealed .Great little gun.
Ended up selling it to my Son's girlfriend. She still carries it.

I'd like to fid one to put back in the collection

·
Super Moderator
38,067 Posts
This thread was started in 2016 and has gone off-topic.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.